You are deploying Cisco Jabber in a UCM 10.0 environment with full integration. You have already configured all of the following:
1. A _cisco-uds Service DNS SRV record for UCM on the DNS server
2. An IM and Presence Service Profile in UCM Service Profiles
3. End users with the IM and Presence Service Profile in UCM User Management
You click the Advanced settings link in Cisco Jabber.
Which of the following radio buttons should most likely be selected for the Select your account type group in order to complete the Cisco Jabber configuration? (Select the best answer.)
- Cisco IM & Presence
- WebEx Messenger
- Cisco Communications Manager 8.x
- Cisco Communications Manager 9 or later
Most likely, the Automatic radio button should be selected for the Select your account type group in Cisco Jabber’s Advanced settings dialog box because, in this scenario, you have correctly configured all the requirements for enabling the automatic configuration of Cisco Jabber clients from Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM). Cisco Jabber’s Advanced settings dialog box features an Automatic option that allows Cisco Jabber to automatically configure itself as long as all of the following are true:
1. UCM is operating at release 9 or later.
2. A correct _cisco-uds Service (SRV) record has been configured on the Domain Name System (DNS) server.
3. Automatic is selected in Advanced settings.
4. An instant message (IM) and Presence Service profile has been configured in UCM.
5. The IM and Presence Service Profile has been correctly applied to end users in UCM User Management.
The following exhibit displays the Cisco Jabber Advanced settings dialog box with the Automatic radio button selected:
You would not select the Cisco Communications Manager 9 or later radio button unless you were configuring Cisco Jabber so that it could not be automatically configured by UCM. You might select the Cisco Communications Manager 9 or later radio button if you had not configured the _cisco-uds SRV record on the DNS server. Cisco Jabber relies on that SRV record to automatically connect to the appropriate UCM 9.0 or later services.
You would not select the Cisco Communications Manager 8.x radio button, because you have deployed UCM 10.0. In addition, you would not select either the Cisco IM & Presence radio button or the WebEx Messenger radio button, because those options do not allow Cisco Jabber to fully integrate with UCM.