You are installing a Cisco Nexus 1000v VSM in VMware vSphere by using the OVF folder method of installation.
Which of the following steps are you required to manually perform? (Choose four.)
- perform initial VSM setup
- add hosts
- install VSM plug-in
- configure VSM networking
- create the VSM
- configure SVS connection
You are required to manually perform the initial virtual supervisor module (VSM) setup, install the VSM plug-in, configure the server virtualization switch (SVS) connection, and add hosts. In this scenario, you are using the open virtualization format (OVF) folder method of installation. This method of installation automatically performs the first two steps of the six-step installation process. An OVF folder contains a hierarchy of files with different metadata that together define a given virtual environment.
There are three methods of installing the Nexus 1000v VSM:
– By using an International Standards Organization (ISO) image
– By using an OVF folder and installation wizard
– By using an open virtualization appliance (OVA) file and installation wizard
No matter which installation method is chosen, the VSM installation process consists of the following six steps:
– Creation of the VSM virtual machine (VM) in Cisco vCenter
– Configuration of VSM networking
– Initial VSM setup in the VSM console
– Installation of the VSM plug-in in vCenter
– Configuration of the SVS connection in the VSM console
– Addition of hosts to the virtual distributed switch in vCenter
The steps in this process that you are required to perform manually depend on the method of installation that you choose.
The OVA file method of installing the Nexus 1000v VSM is similar to the OVF folder method. However, the OVA file method performs the first four steps of the installation process. This means that you are required to manually configure the SVS connection in the VSM console and add hosts to the virtual distributed switch in vCenter. However, the first four steps in the process are performed automatically after you deploy the OVA by using the installation wizard. The primary difference between an OVA file and an OVF folder is that the OVA file is a single compressed archive.
The ISO image method of installing the Nexus 1000v VSM requires that you manually perform each of the six steps in the installation process. An ISO image file contains a virtual filesystem that can be mounted by an operating system (OS) similar to an optical disc or a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive.