Ann, a user, has purchased a new Android phone and is attempting to access a public hotspot. When she opens a browser, she gets a message indicating the page cannot be displayed. She notices there is a “?” in the radio icon in the toolbar. She has verified Bluetooth is active, airplane mode is off, and tethering is turned on. She uses the cell phone to call a technician for assistance.
Which of the following is the MOST likely issue Ann is experiencing?
- There is unauthenticated wireless connectivity
- She has exceeded the data allowance
- The phone is only 3G capable
- It is an unrooted phone
- The SIM card was not activated
- A data plan was not purchased